An estate agent may offer a wide range of services.
- Market valuation and advice on how to make the property presentable
- Introducing keen and willing buyers
- Portal listings (Rightmove, Zoopla and others)
- Property Descriptions
- For Sale Boards
- Screen potential buyers and ensure people viewing the property are genuine
- Accompanied viewings
- Open days
- Collect offers
- Negotiate offers
- Act as point of contact during conveyance
- Give you the keys on completion!
Most traditional estate agents will offer all of these services. Some fixed fee estate agents offer a more limited servcie. Make sure you understand exactly what your chosen estate agent will do for you. Remember that almost a third of property transactions fall through.
A knowledgeable, customer focused estate agent should:-
- monitor the progress of a sale
- ask the right questions
- chase where appropriate
This can make the difference between a successful or failed transaction.
Use this checklist for asking questions to make sure you understand and can compare what each estate agent will do for you, particularly in pushing your sale through to completion.